2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber
2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber
The 2017 Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber Has Arrived!!
Make: Moto Guzzi
Model: V9 Bobber
Contact us . . . (512) 482-8377
* Price exclusive of freight, prep, tax, title & license *
- Engine: 90° V-twin, 4-stroke, 2-valves per cylinder
- Cooling: air and oil
- Capacity: 853 cc
- Compression Ratio: 10.5 : 1
- Power: 40.44 kW (55 HP) at 6,250 rpm
- Torque: 45.7 ft-lb (62 Nm) at 3,000 rpm
- Fuel System: Marelli MIU single-body electronic injection, integrated management of traction control on 2 levels
- Emissions: Euro-4 compliant
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Frame: ALS steel twin tube cradle frame
- Front Suspension: standard fork, Ø 40 mm
- Rear Suspension: swingarm with two shock absorbers, with adjustable spring preload
- Front Brake: stainless steel floating disc, Ø 320 mm Brembo opposed four-piston calipers
- Rear Brake: stainless steel floating disc, Ø 260 mm Brembo opposed two-piston calipers
- Saddle Height: 30.9" (785 mm)
- Curb Weight: 438.7 lbs (199 Kg)*
- All current Moto Guzzi motorcycles include a 2 year unlimited-mileage warranty.
V9 Bobber: Moto Guzzi has created a new segment
The name V9 Bobber evokes concepts such as its essential line, pure design and thus a certain original sporting content, underlined by a total matte black look. Moto Guzzi's custom sports bike effectively creates the mid-size bobber series segment, in which the V9 s currently the only representative. Bobbers appeared in the United States after World War II, built by passionate riders who stripped away all details superfluous to their goal of running fast on dirt tracks. To compete in these conditions the riders used to mount oversized tires, giving the bikes a wide footprint. In line with this style, the V9 Bobber abandons any chrome plating and glossy finish for matte black details. The side panels and fuel tank are thus pitch black, with just a few graphic details in yellow or matte red. The exhaust unit, mirrors and both metal mudguards are painted in “dark matte”. The rear mudguard has been carefully shortened and reduced in size, so as well as including a very compact optical unit, it makes a big contribution to the minimal look of the V9 Bobber. The matte black wheel rims, both 16 inches, are elegantly decorated with the Moto Guzzi logo in grey; the front rim is shod with a tyre that has an oversized shoulder (130/90). Even with these spectacular tires and distinctive design, the bike still maintains characteristics of exceptional riding pleasure and handling. Indeed the V9 Bobber is a true Moto Guzzi, and as such does not trade rideability for beauty. The MY 17 V9 Bobber also differs from the V9 Roamer because of the more crouched and sporty riding position, provided by the lower, black painted drag bar handlebar and the aluminium footpegs mounted 100 mm farther back and raised 35 mm. This technical choice guarantees a more active and extended posture and ensures more on board space and comfort, even for taller riders. The forward-mounted footpegs kit is also available as an option for the V9 Bobber, whereas the new series footpegs and saddle can be installed on the 2016 models in order to make the new ergonomics available to all V9 owners.
The MY 2017 generation of the V9 Bobber, despite the single-seater, aggressive look, is ready and approved to carry a passenger. The new rider saddle is more padded and comfortable and it come standard with pillion seating. The passenger footpegs and saddle are easily removable to make the V9 a true single-seater. The ground clearance of the latter is only 785 mm, and if you add to this the low total curb weight of 199 kg, it is not hard to imagine the level of comfort, control and riding pleasure the V9 Bobber provides.
AF1 RACING AUSTIN
9900 N Interstate 35
Austin, TX 78753
Tue-Fri: 10am-6pm, Sat: 10am-5pm