10% more hooligan
The old saying is, "there's no replacement for displacement." It's difficult to disagree and the new Tuono V4 1100 follows that rule with a 100cc bump in in the size of it's V4 lump.
The Tuono V4 1100 is the latest evolution of a sport naked dynasty dating back to 2002. By stripping down their superbike and adding standard handlebars, Aprilia created a true naked sportsbike. The patriarch of the new “supernaked” category was called the Tuono 1000 R. Aprilia Tuono has always been a high handlebar superbike, dominant on the track and loads of fun on the road. Out of this tradition a completely new Tuono was born in 2011, a direct emanation from the unbeatable Aprilia RSV4 introduced in 2009. It was an epic change – the Tuono V4 R immediately making a place for itself as the highest performance, most technologically advanced, sophisticated naked sportsbike ever manufactured. The know-how acquired in years of victorious competition at top levels and the experience of the Tuono history now allow Aprilia to exceed limits which had previously seemed insurmountable: introducing the new Tuono V4 1100, an exclusive thrill generator and fun in its purest state. A new 175 HP engine with a powerful maximum torque of 120 Nm, revamped chassis setup to achieve better agility, fine tuned aPRC, new bodywork, and two distinctly outfitted versions (Factory and RR) that have the same, strictly Aprilia character in common. You'll even have the option of connecting your smartphone to the vehicle through the PMP platform
Two versions, one spirit
The Tuono V4 becomes a family of motorbikes made up of two distinctly outfitted models. The Tuono V4 1100 RR represents an exceptional thrill machine and it is the true heir to the previous Tuono V4 R. In addition to this model there is now a version with exclusive standard upgrages. With the Tuono V4 1100 Factory, dedicated to an extremely demanding public, the bike receives components which are largely derived directly from the new Aprilia RSV4 RF superbike.
In addition to receiving many of the important upgrades which were just introduced on the new RSV4 RR & RF, theTuono V4 1100 RR and Tuono V4 1100 Factory also add a new look thanks to the more protective top fairing and the better aerodynamic drag coefficient. The headlight unit changes as well, a whole 1.5 kg lighter, fitted with an LED parking light and a more modern shape which better integrates with the overall design of the bike. Tuono V4 1100 Factory stands out for its new rear fairing, derived from the RSV4's, a true benchmark in sportsbike design. The saddle has been made more comfortable, even with respect to its fairing-clad sister, thanks to the new foam material. You can still naturally ride two-up by mounting the dedicated saddle portion. In an effort to become decidedly more comfortable, the seat is 15 mm lower and the handlebar narrower.
World champion chassis
There is no other naked bike as sporty and effective as the Tuono V4 1100; its close ties to the World SBK winning RSV4 is clear when you look at the beautiful twin-spar aluminum frame, a structure that boasts unrivalled balance between torsional stiffness and flexibility; the new 65° V4 engine is set inside it in all of its purity and uniqueness, just like a precious stone set in a ring. In order to make the Tuono V4 1100 more agile on the road, without losing its legendary fierceness on the track, the headstock angle was changed from 25.1° to 24.7° and the trail went from 107.4 mm to 99.7 mm. These sleeker chassis dimensions combine with the 6 mm longer aluminium swingarm, the various suspension setups and the consequent adjustment of the electronic controls, including the wheelie control feature, to obtain a rock solid chassis at high speeds but more agile in direction changes.
Tuono V4 1100 RR is fitted with a high quality suspension: the upside-down Sachs fork with 43 mm stanchions has separate “one by one” hydraulic adjustments in compression and rebound as well as spring preload adjustment on both stanchions. The Sachs shock absorber with built-in piggy back allows the hydraulics to be adjusted in rebound and compression, as well as spring preload adjustment. The new standard calibration on both units is functional to the increased performance of the V4 engine and the revamped chassis dimensions and it also takes into consideration use of the bike on the road without any prejudice to the possibility of personalisation in order to obtain maximum accuracy and precision in true racing style riding.
Tuono V4 1100 Factory
Tuono V4 1100 RR
- Aprilia 65° V4
- 1077 cc
- 173 HP (129 kW) at 11,000 rpm
- 88.5 ft lb (120 Nm) at 9,000 rpm
- Double overhead camshaft /DOHC)
- Ride By Wire with 3 engine mappings (Track, Sport, Race)
- Four valves per cylinder
- Airbox with front dynamic air intakes. 4 Weber-Marelli Ø48-mm throttle bodies with 4 injectors and latest generation Ride-by-Wire engine management.
- Liquid Cooled
- Öhlins adjustable steering damper.
- Öhlins upside-down fork, Ø43mm stems. Fully adjustable spring preload, hydraulic compression and rebound. Wheel travel: 120 mm
- Öhlins Racing monoshock with piggy-back, fully adjustable in: spring preload, wheelbase length, hydraulics in compression and rebound. APS progressive linkages. Wheel travel: 130 mm
- Öhlins TTX 36 single shock absorber with remote reservoir, adjustable spring preload, independantly adjustable compression and rebound; Aluminum alloy swingarm with progressive linkages.
- Sachs front and rear suspension on RR model
- Front Brake:Double Ø320mm disc with aluminum flange. Brembo M432 mono-block radial calipers and metal braid line
- Rear Brake: Ø220 mm disc. New Brembo caliper. Pump with integrated tank and metal braid brake pipe.
- ABS: Multi-map Bosch 9MP ABS (3 Track, Sport, Rain + Off), deactivable and with RLM (Rear wheel Lift-up Mitigation)
- 3 spoke - 3.5”X17” aluminum alloy wheel. Rear: 3 spoke - 6.00”X17” aluminum alloy wheel
- Max Height: 42.9 in. (1090 mm)
- Seat Height: 32.5 in. (825 mm)
- Dry Weight: ?????
- Aprilia Traction Control
- Aprilia Wheelie Control
- Aprilia Launch Control
- Aprilia Quick Shift (upshift)
- Multi-map Bosch 9MP ABS (3 Track, Sport, Rain + Off), deactivable and with RLM (Rear wheel Lift-up Mitigation).
- Ride By Wire with 3 engine mappings (Sport, Race, Track)
- Rider selectable Engine Mapping
- All 2015 and newer Aprilia Motorcycles include a 2-year unlimited-mileage warranty. *Limits are outlined in the warranty booklet