championship winning technology
Out of racing triumphs, where Aprilia is the reigning World SBK champion, the new RSV4 RF is born. An extaradorinary evolution of the unique and victorious RSV4 project capable of redefining superbike frontiers.
The exceptional qualities of a racing chassis, further fine-tuned, combine with a new engine that has more than 200 peak horsepower. Greater engine performance and lighter weight – more effective on the track and a new riding pleasure on the road. The best possible technology, Aprilia's APRC and ABS electronic controls, has advanced with telemetry available via the new V4-MP app.
The Aprilia RSV4 evolves radically to continue it's dominance as the best superbike ever.
The new Aprilia RSV4 RF is the natural evolution of a revolutionary project which has successfully dominated World SBK, with 7 world titles won in 6 years, establishing itself as the best superbike of all times. Aprilia RSV4 is a global reference point for sportiness and performance, the best example of what can be achieved by exploiting the valuable experience of a victorious Racing Department like Aprilia's which, in its brief history has taken 54 championship titles. Skills honed on the track and transferred to the factory product to give advanced users the same excitement as the motorbikes prepared by Aprilia Racing for global competitions.
Unrivalled for its brilliant design and applied technology, the Aprilia RSV4 was conceived around a 65° V4 engine that had never before been seen on a factory sport bike, a frame which is the heir to a dynasty that won 18 titles and 143 Grand Prix races in the 250 GP class, enhanced by the most modern electronics systems applied to managing the engine and the bike dynamics. A genuine vocation of Aprilia which led it to be the first manufacturer to adopt Ride-by-wire as standard equipment, the multimap power output system, but above all the first to patent the aPRC dynamic controls platform with the exclusive self-calibration and wheelie control features.
The goal of the efforts made at Noale to create the new RSV4 RR was the same one that has set the RSV4 apart from the very first version in 2009: to be the absolute best uncompromising superbike, the street bike that comes the closest to being a real racing bike in terms of performance and effectiveness. Aprilia RSV4 RR is equipped with all the electronic and technical refinements that a rider could want, with the possibility of making a further and definitive upgrade by choosing the "Race Pack", which includes exclusive aluminium forged rims and professional Öhlins suspension. To celebrate the arrival of the new king of superbikes, Aprilia is also offering a limited edition version – the RSV4 RF – characterised by a dedicated livery and elements of the Race Pack included as standard equipment.
Aprilia RSV4 RF represents a top shelf technical platform, ready to provide the rider with a "race replica" performance and feeling. As standard equipment it has all of those features which only the Factory version RSV4 had previously, such as magnesium external housings, oil sump and head covers, a wide range of chassis adjustments and the variable setting intake ducts.
To celebrate the arrival of the new RSV4, Aprilia is also offering a limited edition of 500 numbered units (80 available for North America) called the RSV4 RF, which comes standard with the Race Pack, as well as a dedicated graphic called "Superpole".
- Aprilia 65° V4 cylinder dual overhead cam
- Total engine capacity 999.6 cc
- Compression ratio 13.6:1
- Maximum power at crankshaft 201 HP at 13,000 rpm
- Maximum torque at crankshaft 84.8 TQ at 10.500 rpm
- Variable-height intake ducts controlled by engine control unit.
- Three different rider select-able engine maps T (Track), S (Sport), R (Race)
- Wet sump lubrication system with oil radiator and two oil pumps (lubrication and cooling)
- Gearbox 6-speed cassette type gearbox
1st: 39/15 (2.600)
2nd: 33/16 (2.063)
3rd: 34/20 (1.700)
4th: 31/21 (1.476)
5th: 31/23 (1.348)
6th: 34/27 (1.259)
- Clutch Multi-disc oil-bath, with mechanical slipper system
- Primary drive – straight cut gears and integrated flexible coupling, drive ratio: 73/44 (1.659)
- Secondary drive Chain: Drive ratio: 41/16 (2.5625)
- aPRC System (Aprilia Performance Ride Control), which includes Traction Control (aTC), Wheelie Control (aWC), Launch Control (aLC), all of which can be configured and deactivated independently
- Aprilia Quick Shift electronic system (aQS)
- Twin-spar aluminum frame
- Chassis adjustments:
headstock position and rake
swingarm pin height
- Adjustable Öhlins steering damper
- Öhlins Racing Fork with TIN surface treatment. Adjustable spring preload and hydraulic compression and rebound damping.
- Double braced aluminium swingarm
- Öhlins Racing monoshock with piggy-back, fully adjustable in: spring preload, wheelbase length, hydraulic in compression and rebound. APS progressive linkages.
Front: Dual 320-mm diameter floating stainless steel disc with lightweight stainless steel rotor and aluminium flange with 6 pins. Brembo M430 monobloc radial callipers with 4 ∅ 30 mm opposing pistons. Sintered pads. Radial pump and metal braided brake hose
Rear: 220 mm diameter disc; Brembo calliper with two ∅ 32 mm separate pistons. Sintered pads. Pump with integrated tank and metal braided hose
- Bosch 9MP ABS, adjustable to 3 maps equipped with RLM (Rear wheel Lift-up Mitigation) (can be disabled).
- Wheels: Aprilia forged aluminium alloy, completely machined, 5 split spokes.
Front: 120/70 ZR 17
Rear: 200/55 ZR 17 (alternative: 190/50 ZR 17; 190/55ZR 17)
- Dry weight 180 kg*
- Fuel tank 18.5 litres (4-litre reserve included)
*Dry weight without battery or fluids.